The history of Texas Lodge No. 8 contained herein was presented to the lodge during its 75th anniversary on October 24, 1998. The information was researched and gathered from the minutes of Texas Masonic Lodge, from the period between January 4, 1924 through June 21, 1950 by Brother D. B. “Dan” Owczarzak, Past Master of Texas Masonic Lodge.
The remainder of the years up to October 24, 1998 had not been gleaned for this prestigious ceremony, but to bring the reader up to the day of the dedication of our new home. It was Brother Owczarzak’s intent to show some of the great efforts of our lodge forefathers to ensure that the future brethren of Texas Masonic Lodge would have the proper foundation in which they could raise their future moral and Masonic edifice. They toiled long and hard over a 25-year period, sacrificed much, and accomplished what they set out to accomplish. All the while conducting business, sometimes three to four nights a week. This is testimony of the grit, determination, and foresight of some of the most revered men in Masonry, the men and Brothers of Texas Masonic Lodge No. 8 AF & AM.
Research on the history of Texas Lodge No. 8 is ongoing. Be sure to check back often as future updates to our lodge history will be published as it is made available.